Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Where are you and where are you going?
Jean

Re: Smelly Swiss Dilettante

Post by Jean »

I have it quite precisely drawn on 1:200'000 maps with a stabilo mark.
If you don't want to visit me immediatly, there is also this map.

The High Tatra part was really nice, altough the eastern most third is very crowded. The rest is relatively quiet. There is a "secret" camping spot in the close to oko morskie (completely legal), they have their own tents and charge about 5 euros.
So you only need to take a sleeping bag with you if you wan't to do a similar hike.

I really like hiking this divide, because it takes you trough all sorts of mountains or plateau landscape, most of which aren't famous at all, so you get to discover things about our continent by yourself, which is very rewarding.

Also, the Rhine has 2 sources, arguably 3, because the Aare is usually bigger than him when they meet, so her source could also qualify as the Rhine source.
I happen to have the Aare just in front of my windows, and the old Aare (where it use to flow before we build some antiflooding infrastructure, which are very impressive in how efficient they are at preventing flloods in switzerland) about 30 minutes hike away. Old Aare is realy nice, they still let some water flow in it, so now, it a nice small river, most of it banks are protected against development and lovely.

guitarplayer

Post by guitarplayer »

Hi, I PMed you about the Morskie Oko spot, this would fit perfectly our itinerary.

These can really be dangerous ideas for me to think, because appealing.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Ernst Scribler visited me.
We walked around the city, and the day after, we biked (and pushed bike) toward my house.
He seemed impressed by the scenery, i was a bit ashamed by how squeequie my bike chain was.
I greased it, after a quick brush, and now it's silent enough for me to ear the unevenness of my frontwheel.
It's always a pleasure to meet other forumite, don't hesitate to manifest yourself if you are around.

theanimal

Post by theanimal »

Congrats on passing the shooting exam! How many more exams do you have left before you can get your license?

Jean

Post by Jean »

it's all done, there are only two exam days (theory and shooting). I'll start with boar in august, then elk and chamois in september, 'I'll pass on roe deer to go for ducks in october and november, and then boar again when there is full moon or snow, duck otherwhise. I'll end the season with cormoran that are a pest here, and maybe some fox, but probably not.